HELP 2001 a/c heater controlls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

juicie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2001 tahoe that is driving me crazy. It blows fine through the vents but if I switch it to anything else it continues to blow through the vents...will not blow on the windshield nor the floor.....PLEASE HELP

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
could be, let me see if I can find something.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

here
http://www.1aauto.com/1A/Heatingand..._campaign=gb_api_br&year=2001&utm_content=HCX

The Correct Fix

The vent door actuator is the electric motor that moves the door in your heating and air conditioning system to direct the air out of the different vents. These parts wear out over time because they are used so often. They are usually located down in the foot well of the vehicle or under the dash. This part will mount the same way and all the electrical connections will be the same. You will save money in the long run.

OP
OP
juicie

juicie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
could be, let me see if I can find something.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

here
http://www.1aauto.com/1A/Heatingand..._campaign=gb_api_br&year=2001&utm_content=HCX

The Correct Fix

The vent door actuator is the electric motor that moves the door in your heating and air conditioning system to direct the air out of the different vents. These parts wear out over time because they are used so often. They are usually located down in the foot well of the vehicle or under the dash. This part will mount the same way and all the electrical connections will be the same. You will save money in the long run.

I located that part under my dash and pulled it out and all that controlls in the temperature...that particular motor doesnt controll the head/feet/defrost...etc so not sure now....kind at a dead end again

OP
OP
juicie

juicie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yes...I talked to chevy and my particular model had 3 of them and they dont want to give any info over the phone! they are telling me that I need to bring it in

OP
OP
juicie

juicie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yea call myself doing the google thing.... I hear there is one on the driver side right above the gas pedel.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hpark1975