Heater Cord

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NautiqueTower

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought a used High Country with the MiniMax diesel. Loving it so far, but we have some crazy low temps right now (high of -6 F today) and I cannot find the block heater cord. Thinking the previous owner may have kept it. Can I get this online or at a local parts store? Looking to not pay the GM premium for a cord... TIA

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was in the storage area under the front center seat (9-seat config) when I took delivery. Otherwise it might be back in cargo area under the lift-up lid.

GM part # 84564686 - looks like they go for about $60 online.

There is another label on the cord that says "Cordon Amovible 8amp 125V 1000W" - if you search that on EBay you might find a listing for about half the GM cost. :)

Pro299

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it should have come with a cord stashed somewhere. Who knows where the prior owner put it? You'll just have to check all the storage areas, nooks and crannies. It plugs in the front driver side behind a small removable panel trim piece in the bumper. Easy to find on the Denali, not sure about the HC.

OP
OP
N

NautiqueTower

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! I found the front bumper cover insert in the glove box, but no cords yet. Will dig more or find one online.

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was also in the cargo area under the floor.

tungsten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Ive heard of a block heater cord not attached from the factory?
But Im in Canada.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC