Heater-A/C control head

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I had purchased a new controller from Ebay and all had been working fine till about 6 months ago when the AUTO button started to stick at times. I just got it to unstick, (is that a word), and just used manual controls and all was fine but anyone who knows me, knows that something not working as designed on my rig will drive me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the defrost button, to the right of the a/c button, sticks intermittently as well. Now that nagging craziness is working on overtime. I can still use manual controls ok and I can divert the system to defrost with the multi direction button between the two problem buttons in the picture. I want to use something like rubbing alcohol, that evaporates quickly, and use a directional spray to spray around the button covers to hopefully free up and get back to 100% efficiency.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. If it ends up not being able to correct with the spray, you know that me being a "thousandaire", I will just replace but if can fix with spray, I will.

20221029_102052.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Got some 70% rubbing alcohol and sprayed in there. Freed up the defrost button no problem. Did not work for the AUTO button. Had to use my fingernail to pull that button back out each time. That is ok with me because I never used the AUTO button anyway. My cousin is the one who used it and then we found out the AUTO part would not shut off till I pulled it out with fingernail. During my process today, the AUTO button flexed sideways enough to rub the center screen cover and knock it off. Was on there with just two little dabs of whatever sticky stuff they used. The screen illuminates as it should in all aspects of the choices. I just used some RTV and cleaned everything nicely and used two little sliver tabs at the contact edges and am letting it all set up right now. I will report back if experience any other concerns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n