Heated wheel on 2004 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deathfry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello folks

Anyone did such an upgrade like a heated wheel on second generation tahoe? They say there is no space for additional heating wire in the clockspring.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone?))
I haven't heard of it being done and unless there is a cadillac steering wheel that has a heat option? otherwise you would have to hack a gmt900 steering wheel in
or have yours modified somehow with a wrap and then as far as the clockspring I would imagine it might be possible to add a pin maybe? not sure how gmt800 clocksprings are designed
sundays are kind of dead on the forum so someone else might have more info in a day or two

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard of it being done and unless there is a cadillac steering wheel that has a heat option? otherwise you would have to hack a gmt900 steering wheel in
or have yours modified somehow with a wrap and then as far as the clockspring I would imagine it might be possible to add a pin maybe? not sure how gmt800 clocksprings are designed
sundays are kind of dead on the forum so someone else might have more info in a day or two
There wasn’t a GMT800 steering wheel that had heat as a factory option that I’m aware of. So none of the wheels hed find to buy anywhere would even have heat in them as a function. And I don’t believe I’ve seen any of the aftermarket options for the GMT800s with it being added in as a feature. So unless he can wire up a GMT900 steering wheel and get it to mount to the steering column I don’t see this is being doable upgrade.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to find upgrade options with an airbag for my 02. Here is as far as I got.

So they changed the steering shaft from 02 to 03. The splined shaft on the 03-07 is the same as the NNBS, and even the K2XX. (03-07 NBS shaft, and K2xx wheel).
k2xx wheel and 03-07 shaft.jpg
K2xx fitment.jpg

The shaft is keyed and the steering wheel fits perfect. So I can't help you with the wiring, but physically, the K2XX steering wheel will mount to your 03-07 shaft.

(I was looking at putting this wheel on my 02. I can get the wheel to physically fit. From 99-02 we have a single stage airbag. 03-07 has a dual stage airbag. The K2XX 1500 has a dual stage airbag with the same connectors. So the airbag should also be a direct swap. (For those with 99-02, the K2xx 2500/3500 uses a single stage airbag. If you have $600 to drop on one you can find em. You SHOULD be able to swap this over, and set it up if you can figure out the SW harness)). I'm waiting for the airbags to come down.

This K2XX wheels are still pretty new. I found one that is perfect for I want to say $60 shipped, and these had an optional heated steering wheel. I've seen the dual stage airbags from a chinese seller for as low as $150. These are even coming into Wrench-apart, and these airbags can be $300.

Didn't get far enough, but I'm guessing you will need a K2XX clockspring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar