Headrest or Ceiling dvd screens?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad32486

Reaction score
I have been ordered by my mother-in-law to spend some money on myself for Christmas. Since I want it to be vehicle modification related (since it's a Christmas gift, and that works) I have been thinking and thinking about what to get....

My Tahoe is an LS so it didn't come with any rear seat entertainment. With two young kids, and my last Yukon having a factory RSE system, I am going to add an entertainment system without a doubt.

Now I'm debating on what style to use. A system that mounts to the roof and has a fold down screen, or headrest mounted screens. I didn't like the fold down on my Yukon because of how it blocked the rear view. However, I've lowered the rear to level the truck out, which reduces the distance I see out the back believe it or not. So now I'm not too concerned about obstructions, which also means I can get a decently large sized screen.

But now I've been thinking about headrest mounted screens. Being a car guy and ex-technician, I am always preferring to do the work myself, as long as my time allows it (kids....i tell ya....). I've never done a headrest screen modification to a car, but could expect it to get dicey. Especially if you want it to look professional and clean.

Does anyone have experience in that area? Since I'm pondering options, feedback is valuable to me.

Thanks in advance!

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after having several vehicles with ceiling mount, i hate the blocked rear view...and now i hate the kids always looking up and sideways...

if mine didnt have the ceiling mounts, i would do aftermarket headrests or tablets.

lets each kid watch their own movie, or share if they wanted.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I agree with the blocked view of the ceiling mounted. Can’t see a thing when it’s down. With that said...I concur with Stormin08 with headrest monitors or tablets.

EZ Money

Reaction score
gm-navigation.com
This offer factory blu-ray add-on for 15-20 Tahoe. This will replace the screen in your dash and exchange the CD player for a DVD player. We did this on our '19 Tahoe. The install took about an hour and they offer videos to help. This allows for 100% factory blu-ray setup on a factory screen. They also offer the factory RSE dropdown for the rear or headrest monitors. You can purchase wireless headphones as well. We opt'ed to have the front screen unlocked for front seat passenger viewing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu