Headlights on light in the dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a strange question.
I have 07 Tahoe
Is it supposed to have "headlights on" light in the dash, or not?
I have high beams, I have foggies - no headlight on light. They work fine, it just trips me off.... Out of all wonderful lights in the dash, THAT is missing?
I tried to turn the key into II position, when pretty much all the lights should come up - no, no headlight on one.
Not that I can't live without it, just sort of bothers me...

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What's the switch look like? Doesn't the icon on the switch light up when the headlights come on?

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Auto/O/and then regular logos for markers and headlights. Per default switch is in Auto. EVERYTHING lights up when lights come on.
There is fog lights icon. But no "lights" on in the dash. Weird. Never had a car without that.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, there’s just a chime if you leave them on and turn the key off.

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh.. go figure. Literally, never had a car like this. Oh well. As far as they work, right?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh.. go figure. Literally, never had a car like this. Oh well. As far as they work, right?
Now, I could be wrong as I don’t have a Tahoe of this year so hopefully somebody else will chime in. I know the previous generation did away with an indicator light period, not even in the switch module.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9