Headlight (s) not working check out what I found

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muncie21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the headlights on my 2014 Yukon wasn't working. Here's what I found when I investigated the issue, pretty sure these are factory sockets. The other headlight was just as bad
IMG_0967.JPG

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say that is normal if the truck was much older you might have a ground issue in your headlight harness otherwise

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had to replace the bulbs on my neighbors avalanche with a different version relating to a service bulletin from gm. its also listed that the plug needs to checked for damage due to the related issue. something regarding the bulbs are being overpowered and overheating the bulbs and sockets. id have to go back and reread the article on the subject but possibly something to look into. i apologize if im mistaken and it was only avalanche related but it sounds similar so wanted to add input here.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had happen to our Pontiac Montanas but not the Yukon yet. I run plain old OE bulbs, nothing high powered or listed as extra bright.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14