Headlight Fogging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonBuzz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
:)
I just got a 2007 Yukon (super deal). The left headlight has moisture drops on the inside. I think it may interfere with the light output. Can the rubber gasket be replaced (not the whole assembly) ? Is there a factory recall (safety consideration) ?
Thanks,
Buzz (YukonBuzz)

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that when I wash my truck when I have recently stopped it. Both headlights start to fog up. But when I wash it when its cold it doesnt fog up? Weird right.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
take them off, and bulbs out, use air compressor to dry them completly..

popem in oven at 100* for 4 mins to make shure all moisture is out or if your down here in south TX, just puttem out in the sun for 30seconds... LOL nah more like 15 mins.
Get fresh tube of clear silicone and reseal up the edges where lense and body meet.
before installing bulbs, lightly skin both sides of the bulb gasket or oring and install them.

Let silicone dry before putting on vehical... sitting them in the sun for 30mins will speed it up.
Shouldnt have any more moisture issues..

Might want to make shure the vent tube on the headlight is pointing INwards towards a shielded area. so that water splash doesnt shoot directly into them..

OP
OP
Y

YukonBuzz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
:)
Thanks guys.
I'm going to try the silicone trick. I found out that new headlights are $220 :shocked:.
I live in the Northwest and it's pretty drippy here. If silicone doesn't do it, does anybody have any experience with (presumably Chinese) aftermarket units at around $100 ? How about used lights on eBay at roughly $75 for an undamaged one.
Buzz (YukonBuzz)