Head Room

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooo....it seems like my measurements are well short on both front seats of these numbers. I have checked to see if the previous owner left a Glock or family pet under the seat.....and there was nothing obstructing. Anything easy to check?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try leveling out your seat and then lowering it as far as it will go. My '99 Montana's seat was set low but our 2006s was set high and I had to lower it to clear my gut and to be able to wear my hat inside the car. For some odd reason, after every trip to the dealer the seat was reset back up high again, and no, the mechanic was taller than me. The 2004 is more like the 1999 and the seat is set low. The GMCs seats are 10-way I think and it took a couple weeks to set them right to where they did not hurt my legs and back and cleared my hat. Thank the Lord for the memory feature! Every time my wife drove (and kept pressing #1 to save her settings over mine!) I'd get in and barely get out!

OP
OP
B

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try leveling out your seat and then lowering it as far as it will go. My '99 Montana's seat was set low but our 2006s was set high and I had to lower it to clear my gut and to be able to wear my hat inside the car. For some odd reason, after every trip to the dealer the seat was reset back up high again, and no, the mechanic was taller than me. The 2004 is more like the 1999 and the seat is set low. The GMCs seats are 10-way I think and it took a couple weeks to set them right to where they did not hurt my legs and back and cleared my hat. Thank the Lord for the memory feature! Every time my wife drove (and kept pressing #1 to save her settings over mine!) I'd get in and barely get out!

My wife drove mine today too. I went to hop in, and OMG how would a human get into that opening? LOL. I used that opportunity to push front and back down and roll it back. Same ultimate result. Must just be how these sit in 2011 I guess.

sanco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats not right, im 6'3" and i have plenty of head room in the 2012. Do you still have all functions of the power seat? front and rear tilt? I know that on some squad cars the seats lost rear lowering function which caused them to sit high. Other than that an obstruction in the mechanism would usually prevent you from going lower. That's really odd!

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
We hit as high as 6’10 in our family and only have a very close fit to the sunroof. Can’t think of a time when we bottomed out and touched the roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats not right, im 6'3" and i have plenty of head room in the 2012. Do you still have all functions of the power seat? front and rear tilt? I know that on some squad cars the seats lost rear lowering function which caused them to sit high. Other than that an obstruction in the mechanism would usually prevent you from going lower. That's really odd!
Up, down, back and forward was well as lumbar all work on driver's seat. Both seats stop at what seems like the same place. I wonder if shorties owned it previously and the screw is gummed up where it wasn't used. Only thing I can think of. The 6'8" employee of mine was just plain uncomfortable when we went to lunch. Wonder if 11 is different than 12 seating wise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demetris