HD Hood Swap Opportunity

Your thoughts on the trade?

• Good Deal

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Bad Deal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
choodock

choodock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was not able to meet up until after 8:30 last night and we swapped hoods in the street in front of the guy's house. He pulled out his measuring tape and started measuring his radiator support and fan shroud and told me he still wasn't sure my hood would fit on his truck. I convinced him to finally take his HD hood off and set it aside safely and take my Tahoe hood off and put it directly on his truck. Because of the grille guard on his truck, you cannot tell any difference with the non-HD hood on his truck. Boom! I love my Tahoe now. I had over an hour drive home last night after the swap, but it was soooo worth it.

Snapped some pics last night and before work this morning. The camera angle and the sun at my back washes out the front of the hood. I still need to adjust the hood a little to get the lines/gap right. I am really surprised someone doesn't make an aftermarket grille for the trucks and Tahoes that resembles the HD grille.

HD Night 4.jpg HD Night 3.jpg HD Night 1.jpg HD 3.jpg

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:win:

Looks great!!!

Hands down the best exterior mod on a NBS

OP
OP
choodock

choodock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

Will probably be a little while before any more mods. Going on a vacation next month that went way over my preliminary budget and starting a new job in August. I have paint peeling around the windows on most of my doors so I think saving up for a new front bumper cap and repainting the Tahoe red may be my next move.

OP
OP
choodock

choodock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks

I just want to express my thanks to all the wonderful members on here that have been amazingly helpful in helping me get my Tahoe to where it is today. It was an embarrassment to drive when I first traded for it, but I knew it had potential.

Here is a before pic.

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited: