HD Hood Swap Opportunity

Your thoughts on the trade?

• Good Deal

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Bad Deal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

choodock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was scanning craigslist for an HD hood and decided to contact someone selling an HD truck that's been listed for several weeks and hasn't sold. I offered them $100 and my stock Tahoe hood for his HD hood that is the same white color as mine. He isn't sure my hood will fit on his truck but is willing to try for $200 if it works. Good deal or not?

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
Good deal if the paint is good on it. One less thing you have to do (repaint it to match).

OP
OP
choodock

choodock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump - Played around with some paint this weekend and painted an old scratched-up grille I had laying around. Also painted over my plasti-dipped vent covers to better match the gloss and color of the Tahoe. Not sure I am feeling the grille just yet, but the more white I add to the front the more I like the color matched look. I'd much rather have the Escalade vent covers.

Attachments

• Stock Grille.jpg
    Stock Grille.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Painted Grille.jpg
    Painted Grille.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Smooth Vents.jpg
    Smooth Vents.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 32

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump - Played around with some paint this weekend and painted an old scratched-up grille I had laying around. Also painted over my plasti-dipped vent covers to better match the gloss and color of the Tahoe. Not sure I am feeling the grille just yet, but the more white I add to the front the more I like the color matched look. I'd much rather have the Escalade vent covers.

I used to have my grille the same way I think once you add more white to it the grille will pop maybe paint the emblem white or black and see how that looks??

MRS.Z-56_Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted one too , but I gota Killer deal on my cowl hood and its a working cowl. We did the Z71 grill swaps they are full color matched.

tsb09000

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I agree with NeverSatisfied about adding more white. To me, there's too much going on up front with the stock emblem, grill, lights and bumper. Maybe a new bow tie and a billet grill? Just spitballing here.

And for the hood, if the color is spot on then I say go for it. I bought my HD hood for $175 and still have to get it painted.

easybake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good deal, but do you need to cut anything to make the hood fit or is that only on yukons?

Edit: Yup answered my own question.

Last edited:
OP
OP
choodock

choodock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to arrange to meet after work today to look at swapping. My hood has 10 years worth of rock chips in it, so I am expecting similar on the 01 HD that has been used as a work truck for 250,000 miles.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope all goes well I've been wanting the HD hood for my Tahoe and also want to do the HD grille and bumper cap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts