HD Conversion/Sierra Bumper?

DO I NEED TO LOWER THE BRACKETS LIKE THE HD CONVERSIONS NORMALLY GO?

• NO YOU DONT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04hoe619

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
HEY GUYS IM NEW TO THE FORUM. WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME WITH MY GOAL. HAVE A 04 TAHOE 4X4, WANT TO DO THE HD CONVERSION BUT WITH THE SIERRA BUMPER. WAS MORE OF A FUTURE DEAL BUT I WAS IN A LITTLE FRONT END MISHAP AND I SEE THIS AS A OPPORTUNITY TO GO AHEAD AND MAKE IT HAPPEN. ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Last edited:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Start here.

•Hood is a direct bolt on
•Headlights and marker lights will work with HD grille
•Bumper cap will bolt right to your stock bumper...

But, the HD grille is taller than your factory grille, so you'll need to put HD bumper brackets on your frame, or, put a body lift on. That's the quick explanation.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/texas-tahoe-with-2500hd-front-end-finshed.22254/

As well put HD conversion in the search and there will be other threads about this question for more reading and pictures of other trucks with the all or part of the front clip installed.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would still have that bumper/grill gaps in the corners, but would fender flares fill up the bumper/fender gap?

Justinj360

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 03-06 Sierra HD grills are a direct swap to a 2004 GMC Yukon with stock hood and bumper? I'm not finding a definite answer for the Yukons and you guys seem to know more about these swaps than I do.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure all the 00-06 sierra and yukon grills can interchange. The HD gmc grill is the same has half ton I believe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64

Latest posts