Having problems with my Rear HVAC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nicegy31

Reaction score
I am looking to see if there is someone who can help me out. I changed the module and the actuators in the rear and went to the dealer to tell them to calibrate yet my rear is still not working. I am not sure what to do. Is there someone in the Brooklyn area I can talk to?

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking to see if there is someone who can help me out. I changed the module and the actuators in the rear and went to the dealer to tell them to calibrate yet my rear is still not working. I am not sure what to do. Is there someone in the Brooklyn area I can talk to?

If you paid the dealership to calibrate the actuators and they sent it out as though it's fix and it's not, I'd be going back there to regulate them!

OP
OP
N

nicegy31

Reaction score
They are running me around like a jerk. I was stupid to leave and check it when i got home. The air is blowing cold and the temperature gauge is not working as well. The only thing working good is the speed on the fan. I paid 150 bucks and only getting cold air. When i look the actuators are not moving at all they stay in the same position no matter which way I turn the dial.

OP
OP
N

nicegy31

Reaction score
The actuator that operates the hot and cold is not working and the actuator that controls the direction of the air is not working at all. No matter which way I put the controls the actuator stays the same. But the fan works with the control.

dominer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check you electrical connections for the actuators.. Both where they plug into the actuator itself and where it plugs into the control module. I had this happen to mine, Very slight corrosion will cause this, I unplugged and plugged back in a few times along with some electrical contact cleaner and it worked like a charm. You can also recalibrate it yourself. Turn the rear AC to the "auto" setting, turn the truck off. On the left side of the dash, pull the side cover for the fuse panel. There is a 10amp fuse in there for the HVAC system in the rear, Pull it out, wait one minute, plug the fuse back in. Start the truck, DO NOT TOUCH THE AC CONTROLS!!!!! let it run for about two minutes, then turn the truck off and within 10-20 seconds later, start the truck again and try you AC controls. SHould be recalibrated. Hope this helps

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeyMoSteel