Having issues with the passenger side power running boards. Anyone with this issue? Is there a fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phatjoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2023 Denali Ultimate with approximately 1,500 miles. The passenger side OEM power running board is not working properly. If it sits for a while and my wife opens the passenger door, the power running board does not extend outwards (no issues with the driver-side board). If we drive around a while and she opens the passenger door, it will extend outward. I have older relatives and my wife is relatively short, so it's a bit challenging for them to get into the truck. The grab handles are a bit hidden so close to being useless.

Through the on-screen prompts, I've messed around with the controls and tried to have them permanently deployed...no luck.

Does anyone know a fix to this problem?

Thanks

Dobberrn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We bought a 2023 Denali Reserve with super cruise in February 14th out of state in Kentucky. We went for a test drive and had the same thing happen as we opened the door to look at it. Then we got out of test drive and it worked. We mentioned it but it was working then. They carried it to clean up and when we went out to transfer stuff out of our 2020 Yukon it would not deploy again.

They carried it to service immediately and apologized. Come to find out it needed reprogrammed. There was a service bulletin on it. Might check with your dealership.

Not had any problems since the reprogramming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC