Has Anyone Put 100% Wheel Locks On Their Ride Before?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my wheels from an online distributor two months ago, he told me he'd include some aftermarket black lug nuts & black wheel locks with my order. Come to find out, he sent me all wheel locks. Don't worry, he did include 3 keys. I didn't bother contacting him to fix the situation (since they were a free bonus for messing up my order previously), since I figured having all wheel locks might be to my advantage...

Have any of you done this before?

OP
OP
ProfeZZor X

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are they all wheel locks or just spline/tuner style lugs nuts?
They're all wheel locks. I called him on Wednesday and he said they needed to get rid of some overstock inventory, so he sent them, as well as a full set of chrome lug nuts.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Personal taste. I dont use locks at all. As has been said, I consider them a PITA. Having been in auto shops for 35+ years, I have dealt with them, A LOT. I cannot tell you how many times a customer did not know where a lock tool was and we had to devise a way to get that SOB off.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is an external “ezy out” tool you drive on with a 3# hammer and they come off in seconds with an impact….
With the right tool they are no issue without the key….

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally don't have any locks on my 04. My "upgrade" was only from crusty old 16" Silverado rims from the the 1990's to 17" 2011 Tahoe rims. They are nice and I like them, but they are probably not on the high-theft list.

If I was sent a box full of lock nuts and I had wheels I would consider using locks on... I would probably use only one per wheel and put the rest of the locks (and spare keys) on eBay or Marketplace. They have some value.

While it was nice for the seller to send a box of lock nuts, I think I would still be holding out for the set as requested when ordered. If he can't fulfill your order as it was submitted, I would send it all back and find another source.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reality is that wheel locks just give the truck owner peace of mind, but folks who make a business of stealing wheels/tires already have all of the keys/adapters that fit most wheel locks. And, if they don't, they can still easily bypass them using common tools. I have personally seen this in my mechanic's shop when a customer dropped off the car for a tire rotation, but did not bring the wheel lock key.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justjacks07

Latest posts