Has anyone installed a SUBURBAN/YUKON XL '3rd Row' seat into a Tahoe/Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000 Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,

I just picked up a N.O.S. seat from a 2003-2006 Suburban for very short money. The plan is to install it into my 2000 (new style) Tahoe that was purchased without the third row option.

I know that I will need to obtain a striker kit, but since this seat is a bench style, it will have a different bracket configuration. Has anyone done or seen this install?

I am including a photo (found on the internet) of the seat I bought. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• tahoe.jpg
    tahoe.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 27

Thumper8302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only thing i can think of man is getting ahole of the pockets \ strikers for that seat then cutting and welding them to the floor.... or you could prolly hit up a junk yard and see if u can find some of the old style brackets for ur truck and modding them to ur new seats...

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought they were wider, like the rear cargo shades.

OP
OP

2000 Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I didn't want to attempt the project, so I resold the bench and ended up buying the correct Tahoe seats (gotta love Craigslist)!

I then got 'taken' on Ebay for the third row brackets. 14 bolts and three brackets.....who knew the cheapest I'd get them for would be $140.00?! I scoured 18 salvage yards but had no luck. If you can find some at a salvage yard, grab them; they're like gold!

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
I paid the same for my brackets from ebay as well. No junk yards in my area had any.

solefood21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a full set of brackets for a 3rd row setup that I'm not going to use because the floor of the tahoe is cut out right now! Know of any takers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n