Has anyone installed a SUBURBAN/YUKON XL '3rd Row' seat into a Tahoe/Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000 Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,

I just picked up a N.O.S. seat from a 2003-2006 Suburban for very short money. The plan is to install it into my 2000 (new style) Tahoe that was purchased without the third row option.

I know that I will need to obtain a striker kit, but since this seat is a bench style, it will have a different bracket configuration. Has anyone done or seen this install?

I am including a photo (found on the internet) of the seat I bought. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• tahoe.jpg
    tahoe.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 27

Thumper8302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only thing i can think of man is getting ahole of the pockets \ strikers for that seat then cutting and welding them to the floor.... or you could prolly hit up a junk yard and see if u can find some of the old style brackets for ur truck and modding them to ur new seats...

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought they were wider, like the rear cargo shades.

OP
OP

2000 Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I didn't want to attempt the project, so I resold the bench and ended up buying the correct Tahoe seats (gotta love Craigslist)!

I then got 'taken' on Ebay for the third row brackets. 14 bolts and three brackets.....who knew the cheapest I'd get them for would be $140.00?! I scoured 18 salvage yards but had no luck. If you can find some at a salvage yard, grab them; they're like gold!

oak510_tahoe

Urban Assault
Reaction score
I paid the same for my brackets from ebay as well. No junk yards in my area had any.

solefood21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a full set of brackets for a 3rd row setup that I'm not going to use because the floor of the tahoe is cut out right now! Know of any takers?