Harbor Freight jack stand RECALL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took all 3 sets of mine in and they swapped them out today. FYI they had 2 different p/n’s for the new 6 ton ones, and the boxes were different sizes. They told me they were the same, but when I got home the ones in the smaller box were - guess what- smaller. Smaller base and about 3/4” shorter when collapsed. I took them back and got the bigger set so they all match.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My sons bought me these HF jack stands a year or so ago, and one of them sent me this defect-related article yesterday morning. I checked my jack stands out, and I do not have any of the referenced part numbers.

Regarding the comment hoping that this jack stand model is not also produced by the same Chinese manufacturer for other companies selling jack stands, I believe that it is safe to assume that it IS manufactured for other companies. These Chinese companies are typically job shops, manufacturing for several sellers, using a common set of machines and tooling.

JeffL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons