Hands on steering wheeel warning?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whoseanthony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had my 17 Denali xl for about a week and love it but yesterday something strange happened. I got the typical alert ding like you left a blinker on or something but a message on the dash saying "hands on steering wheel"

Now to state the obvious I did have my hands on the wheel but haven't seen this in my 15 or 16 yukons and couldn't find anything online. Our Tesla Model X gives this same warning when auto pilot is on but can't imagine why GMC would have this.

CruiseGuy24

Reaction score
Funny you should ask. I got my 17 about 2 months ago and I have this happen at least once a week. I have always had hands on when it happens too. I just assume there are sensors somewhere and my hands must not be in the right spot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Diamondwulf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It is called lane departure warning. Or simply put, a warning to alert you that you are drifting out of the lane you are in.

CruiseGuy24

Reaction score
No this is different than the lane departure one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

retiredsparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just one more needless complication to vehicles that makes them less reliable. Soon they will design them to shut down with that warning. Manufacturers have a laundry list on the wall that they throw darts at to select the next warning to install on the next model year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076

Latest posts