question on steering wheels and clusters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2015TahoePPV

Reaction score
Since the 2018-newer PPVs all have the radio controls/ cluster control buttons as standard, is it possible to put a 2018 cluster in my 2015?

I've already added the steering wheel, and the LIN bus circuit from harness dr. (didn't fix the cruise control lights by the way) and the clockspring as recommended by WAMS (didn't fix anything else either).

Basically, I have my stock cluster from the 2015, with the wiring needed to make the steering wheel buttons work (in theory). I'm talking about the cluster control buttons, I realize the radio buttons may/ may not work with my iDatalink Maestro, but I'm hopeful.

I found a reasonable 2018 PPV cluster. WAMS is backed up on programming stuff that you send them. Does anyone know if this will work, and if so, who could program it?

WAMS wants to sell Denali clusters, I get it, but I like the certified 150mph one that the PPV comes with.

Help!

spc13b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It shouldnt be a problem. I used a 2018 Denali Cluster on my 2017 PPV. I bought the Cluster on ebay from a salvage company for a great price and then sent it to WAMS to have it programmed for my VIN. I have had no problems with it.

OP
OP
2015TahoePPV

2015TahoePPV

Reaction score
It shouldnt be a problem. I used a 2018 Denali Cluster on my 2017 PPV. I bought the Cluster on ebay from a salvage company for a great price and then sent it to WAMS to have it programmed for my VIN. I have had no problems with it.
Thanks for the reply. WAMS really likes the Denali Clusters, apparently they’re pretty easy to program compared to the others. I’ll send them this ’18 PPV one and see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019