Had my Unity Spotlight factory rebuilt!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my PPV with an A pillar hole, and most of a spotlight. I soon learned I was missing too many pieces of the puzzle, and a trashed light housing. Contacted the excellent customer service of Unity, and they were able to rebuild it for a fraction of the cost of all new. Now I just have to install it, and only drill a hole in the a panel trim that was replaced. It is kind of a must have piece on a PPV for some reason?

IMG_2573.JPG

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's nice to hear that Unity is fair to work with. They are right here in Chicago (and not much is fair in Chicago...)

I was tempted to stop by there to try to get a new lens, the old ones get clouded up so easy. Their prices seemed a bit steep, but I found an out-of-box one on eBay for a just a few bucks.

What a difference it makes.

The must have part is to keep the left lane open for you, watch the guys coming up behind you hit the brakes, and to get to go first at all four-way stop signs.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's nice to hear that Unity is fair to work with. They are right here in Chicago (and not much is fair in Chicago...)

I was tempted to stop by there to try to get a new lens, the old ones get clouded up so easy. Their prices seemed a bit steep, but I found an out-of-box one on eBay for a just a few bucks.

What a difference it makes.

The must have part is to keep the left lane open for you, watch the guys coming up behind you hit the brakes, and to get to go first at all four-way stop signs.
Lol

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
I hack sawed the shaft and pulled it clean out on mine. I found it and the full Setina bumper with the wrap arounds to be a bit too obvious. I don't need that kind of attention. Lol.
The spot light and the bumper package was neat though. Just not for me.

OP
OP
Lightning 95

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my new spotlight installed without too much hacking and grinding, it works great and gives the truck a whole different look. I would sure hate to install one of these from scratch trying to drill through the A-pillar at a steep angle. You wouldn't have to be off much to end up drilling into the edge of the windshield or something. I had to go buy a 12 inch long drill bit just to put the hole in the trim. Now looking at it, I hope I never find out if the handle turns into a projectile if the air bag ever goes off! I did get waved ahead at 2 different stop signs though.

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
i want to sell my spotlight if anyone wants to buy it....works great but lens is sort of foggy.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the old decrepit plastic spot lamp with a new glass one. Got it here HERE for $29.
Tahoe-Spot-Lamp.jpg

That's what we did, too. Had to change the terminals a bit, but other than that, it bolted right in. I've read on the Caprice list that the LED lenses tend to not fade/haze/yellow as bad as the plastic bulbs do.

Incognito

Reaction score
Yes, the LED ones are made with better plastics and are also WAY brighter with lots of throw but are also much more expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick