gps/dvd 2008 yukon radio locked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darcio Correa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi there, did you guys know how to unlock a gps/dvd 2008 yukon radio?, when i turn the radio on on screen appear "theft lock", thanks.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's the original radio to your truck, you should be able to find a code in the owner's manual. Or you may be able to get it from a GM dealer. Did this radio come from another vehicle and was installed into yours? If so, it's locked to that other vehicle's VIN and you will have to have it unlocked by either a competent GM dealer (even Cadillac) or by shipping the radio to someone that does unlocking. I've used Greg at CPS A/V in Cotati, CA a couple of times.

OP
OP
D

Darcio Correa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If it's the original radio to your truck, you should be able to find a code in the owner's manual. Or you may be able to get it from a GM dealer. Did this radio come from another vehicle and was installed into yours? If so, it's locked to that other vehicle's VIN and you will have to have it unlocked by either a competent GM dealer (even Cadillac) or by shipping the radio to someone that does unlocking. I've used Greg at CPS A/V in Cotati, CA a couple of times.
Thank you.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the dealer gets a code from the radio and then they get a unlock code back from gm and punch it in, like Chris said a competent dealer can do it, the one I use would do it free.

OP
OP
D

Darcio Correa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the dealer gets a code from the radio and then they get a unlock code back from gm and punch it in, like Chris said a competent dealer can do it, the one I use would do it free.
Thank you, ........yes no other way, i just get scheduled on GMC dealer to get done.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you, ........yes no other way, i just get scheduled on GMC dealer to get done.
don't let them take you for a ride that whole process takes about 5 minutes they can do it right in the vehicle drop zone, all they do is press a combination of buttons on the radio and it will show a numeric or alpha numeric code, they write it down, then they go inside and call gm, then they come back out and enter a unlock code and your done.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that code is THE code for your radio, so write it down somewhere. You may only need it if the radio loses power long enough to lose memory, like from a disconnected battery.

OP
OP
D

Darcio Correa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
don't let them take you for a ride that whole process takes about 5 minutes they can do it right in the vehicle drop zone, all they do is press a combination of buttons on the radio and it will show a numeric or alpha numeric code, they write it down, then they go inside and call gm, then they come back out and enter a unlock code and your done.
ok perfect, thanks for the heads up man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu