Got the onstar remotelink to work in my 08 denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

Fitz08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how did you know to get that part #?

Did some research, thats the part number for the vcim for 2010-2011 yukons, tahoes, suburbans and most chevy gmc trucks that year, I've also heard they where in chevy traverse. And you need this one to get the remotelink to work as they offered it in 2010 and up.

chadman

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share. Put the new vcim in my 08 denali a few weeks back and of course the hands free works great. I did noticed i had a green onstar light, so I called in and they said Hi Mr so and so, I said no this is ......... and they said where happy you decide to buy this used 2010 tahoe, lets update your account. So we updated the account and they said it was already paid through August and they gave me another 3 months untill November. So today I went online a registered and downloaded the remotelink app to my iphone and after getting it all set up...works great! Can start the truck, unlock, lock and see all the vitals of the truck from my iphone. Of course they think its a 2010 tahoe but other than that, couldn't be happier. I think I lucked out cause it had an active account. And its the newer model vcim part number 20829984. Its actually a pretty cool app.

how much did it cost ya from car-parts.com

OP
OP
F

Fitz08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
275.00 shipped with the antenna. Seems like the going rate is around 250-300 shipped with the antenna. Antenna goes for about 30.00

chadman

Reaction score
besides the awesome capability of using remote start and lock/unlock the doors from your iphone, does Remotelink give you any other features?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
besides the awesome capability of using remote start and lock/unlock the doors from your iphone, does Remotelink give you any other features?

*View real-time fuel information, including range, remaining gallons and lifetime MPG
*Check lifetime mileage and remaining oil life
*Send locations to your vehicle to receive Turn-By-Turn Directions
*View current tire pressure information3
*Lock/unlock doors4, even start your vehicle remotely5
*Activate your horn & lights to help locate your vehicle
*Contact an OnStar Advisor, Roadside Assistance or your Preferred Dealer

http://www.onstar.com/web/portal/connectionsexplore?tab=2

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about bluetooth?

What about it?

Sorry, up I don't understand your question. If your asking if this will also allow Bluetooth, then yes. You just need the Bluetooth dongle as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murk3d