Got my rear windows to roll all the way down!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diffrnt

Say...What!
Reaction score
I don't understand why everyone is saying this is BS. My windows go all the way down also. It's been that way every since I bought the truck. I thought it was normal.

rearwindow.jpg

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Because you have an XL. The standard wheelbase suvs can't roll the windows down since the body would get in the way.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
I don't understand why everyone is saying this is BS. My windows go all the way down also. It's been that way every since I bought the truck. I thought it was normal.

rearwindow.jpg

On an Xl thats completly normal. Cause the door allowes it. On a tahoe or yukon, because of the rear wheel well, the door is shaped differently and has to be cut off, Its not a solid rectangle door like on the XL. So the glass has to stop, or it hits the panel that was cut for the door to fit.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
diffrnt, you have a Yukon XL so your rear doors are different then ours...yours go straight down with no curve for the rear wheel well..however, on a standard size yukon, they have to notch the rear door for the wheel well..so the glass can not roll all the way down

ok...so actually, I was originally going to throw some ideas out there to see what everyone else thought BECAUSE this IS a mod everyone would like to do...I through a pic up and wanted to see what you guys would come up with...seriously, how many bogus pics do you really see me posting...gimme a break...not like Im constantly lie'n bout shit...anyways, this thread DOES have legitimate reasoning behind it..and I AM serious about my idea of how to go about this!

I believe if you cut like, a 1 inch wide line out the bottom of your door, and another matching it into the wheel well, then enclose that with a pocket...it could work
You could install that dustbrush stuff to keep foriegn objects out...and just like when the rear doors are locked, you can pull the inside/outside handle and it wont open at all, you could put sensors that will leave the door locked till the window goes back up to a safe height

diffrnt

Say...What!
Reaction score
Oh ok, I understand now. Thanks for clearing it up, guys.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
LMAO Blizzaard i'm still your friend!
To tell you the truth, I keep my rear windows up and on lock, gotta take advantage of the 1% tint lol!

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
I think it would be cheaper and easier to just lazer cut that section of glass off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinoTahoe