Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WaterCop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a set of Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's that were on my truck when i bought it, they are 285/70 17's, they look great on the truck and are almost brand new, but i cant get past the ammount of road noise they make! 2 things, does anyone have any suggestions on tires of the same size that are semi aggressive but quiet? and where is a cheap place to find them! Thanks!

linehaul

Reaction score
Wait till they start to wear, then you will really dislike the noise they put out. I had a new set of them on my Suburban for less than 1 year. I got rid of them and bought a set of Goodyear Silent Armor Pro-Grade tires, Best tires i have driven on and supe quiet.

OP
OP
W

WaterCop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh great haha! Did you end up selling the Wranglers? Whats the price like for the Silent armor?

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I have them on my suburban and think they are pretty quiet, comparable to the Nitto TerraGrapplers that were on it and much quieter than my old Nitto TrailGrappler M/T's.

Doodle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
:poker:
I have a set of Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's that were on my truck when i bought it, they are 285/70 17's, they look great on the truck and are almost brand new, but i cant get past the ammount of road noise they make! 2 things, does anyone have any suggestions on tires of the same size that are semi aggressive but quiet? and where is a cheap place to find them! Thanks!

I went thru the same thing on my 2500HD recently. I ended up getting the Goodyear SA's. I've had three sets (of the SA's) on several vehicles and they are aggressive looking, very quiet for an AT tire, and have good traction. I liked the looks of the Duratrac better, but I done some research on the road noise with them and it was 50/50 saying they were quiet for an aggressive tire vs. noisey. Since my wife drives the pickup every once in a while I knew she'd be pissed if they were loud. I'd say go with the Silent Armors. You'll get more miles out of them as well, unless we just really want the aggresive look of the Duratracs.

OP
OP
W

WaterCop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The look of the Duratracs are awesome, but not cool enough for me to want to keep them. Also im kind of new with AT tires so they might actually be quiet relatively speaking. Im looking on CL for someone to trade with haha.

linehaul

Reaction score
Oh great haha! Did you end up selling the Wranglers? Whats the price like for the Silent armor?

I sold the Duratracs to a rancher that put them on a superduty p/u used to pull a Fertilizer tank. He's happy with them, they wont see the pavement again. Check goodyear for incentives, the S/A are not cheap and the Pro-grades are even more money but as posted by someone else, they look kinda aggressive but man they are quiet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10