Good handling street suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael0714

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So i have a 09 tahoe LT and i want it to handle better on the street and in corners.

My question is who in here has built a decently good handling tahoe for the street,corners and just all around road coarse style handling?

Im looking at lowering the truck and i run a 17x8 steel wheel with a 265/65/17 tire. Im looking for stiffer swaybar suggestions plus the best 2/4 or 3/5 drop for what im going to do.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently installed a 4/6 drop because I was after a better handling suspension. I am also on 17" steel wheels but, 275/60 tires
"Road Course style handling" So far my experience is far from this. It needs a lot of help to get there. All of which are in the making/plans. Remember our vehicles are BIG heavy barn doors, to begin with, and trying to make them handle basically like a car, isn't going to be easy.
Is your Tahoe 2 or 4wd?
Are installing it yourself?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My 3-4/5-6 kit with swaybars and helper bags ibe set up many and for cornering and handling has worked out great.

Ive done hundreds feel free to call or text me

Jibee

Reaction score
My ride quality was dramatically improved when I installed rear helper bags. Shortly after I swapped in Hotchkis front and rear sway bars which also helped a ton (especially in the rear).

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The PPV suspension would be tough to beat, and I would think that would be a great way to go, should bolt right on, and probably cheap too. I LOVE mine.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can do all you want to the suspension but if you run 17" wheels it will never corner well due to all that sidewall. You need to go to at least 20's but more like 22's so your tires aren't flexing at the sidewalls so much. Just go out and push your truck at a front fender and get it moving side to side and look at your tires; you'll see what I mean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA