Going with new brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nikki'sHoe08

Reaction score
My brakes have over 50% life left in the front but they have always felt a little squishy to me since I got it, tried to live with it but the other day while backing out of my driveway, which is quite a hill! they started squealing and haven't really stopped, I'm pretty sure the previous owner was a little too brake happy because I checked her receipts she gave me and they were done last June! I've made brakes last 90k before!!! So I give up! I'm gonna do all new brakes and rotors on all 4 for my ltz, wondering what you guys are running and how you like your stuff, done brakes twice before so I'll be wrenching myself, also interested in the slotted rotors maybe, let me know what you guys like!

stephygee

Just Steph
Reaction score
I bought the Power Stop slotted rotors/brake pad kit, but I'll have to say it didn't make much difference in the upgrade until I swapped my brake lines for Russell S/S. Put together, it was well worth the upgrade. Very firm.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they are probably the most common overlooked brake component and I bet many people have crashed with brand new pads and rotors with a broken brake line. Even if you don't go stainless steel If your going to be in there might as well get them done. Hit up Chris from freedom motorsports he is a vendor here. He gets good deals on r1 components. I am very happy with mine as are many others and the customer service is top notch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts