GM releasing Perf parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Equallizer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK....finally got my truck back and shop told me that in order for them to reprogram the ECU for the intake you DO in-fact have to get the GM performance intake. Apparently the GM kit come with an "authorization code" that the techs need to do any reprograming. I'm pretty bummed.

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK....finally got my truck back and shop told me that in order for them to reprogram the ECU for the intake you DO in-fact have to get the GM performance intake. Apparently the GM kit come with an "authorization code" that the techs need to do any reprograming. I'm pretty bummed.
:(

TrucksterZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did get the GM one and 2 dealers unable to program (1 claimed the car had to come with it, the other called the tech line and said they said no program needed).... 2 different stories. Overall it fits and works fine though.

OP
OP
Bigmanny

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I finally went to get the GM Perf CAI installed. Dealer put it on, but GM would not allow them to do the flash. The are apparently having some sort of problems again.

Fireslayer308

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed a K&N CAI myself on my 2021 Tahoe Z71 a couple weeks ago. Waited to break in the motor to about 600 miles before installing. Had a check engine light come on initially which is common with these new motors. Had a "Lean" code more then likely from disconnecting the mass air flow sensor to install the CAI. My dealer simply cleared it out after he tried to ******** his way into me buying a GM CAI instead to prevent check engine lights in the future. I called K&N tech support in front of him who confirmed they have not had issues with engine codes after installation of their kits. They advised to clear the code and we shouldn't have any further issue. That shut him up. No flash or update was required. Zero issues since they cleared the code and it runs great. Currently at 1600 miles now!

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a K&N CAI myself on my 2021 Tahoe Z71 a couple weeks ago. Waited to break in the motor to about 600 miles before installing. Had a check engine light come on initially which is common with these new motors. Had a "Lean" code more then likely from disconnecting the mass air flow sensor to install the CAI. My dealer simply cleared it out after he tried to ******** his way into me buying a GM CAI instead to prevent check engine lights in the future. I called K&N tech support in front of him who confirmed they have not had issues with engine codes after installation of their kits. They advised to clear the code and we shouldn't have any further issue. That shut him up. No flash or update was required. Zero issues since they cleared the code and it runs great. Currently at 1600 miles now!
We have over 14,000 miles now with the Volant and never got a check engine light. Really like the sound too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts