Getting Rid Of Smoke Smell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilkyJohnston

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Yukon Denali smells like smoke and I was wondering if anyone knows a good way to get rid of it or to at least keep it to a minimal. Thanks.

gdddup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
change the cabin air filter. blow out all the air vents. shampoo the carpets n headliner. then some fabreeze or odor eliminator.

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly? Buy a new truck. It will never go away and there will always be that certain circumstance where it likes to resurface. Just what it boils down to.

BAMA_LTZ_HOE

Reaction score
Find someone that has an ozone generator. I bought a used Altima for my daughter and the previous owner was a heavy smoker. A buddy of mine owned a dry cleaning business and he had an ozone generator that they used to remove smoke damaged drapes. We put it in the car for about 6 hours. Worked wonders.

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
Honestly? Buy a new truck. It will never go away and there will always be that certain circumstance where it likes to resurface. Just what it boils down to.

Agreed! You can clean every part of the car, and you may think the smell is gone, but it will poke it's ugly, yellow tar covered head back up when you least expect it!

That being said, if you gut the interior and steam clean every part of the carpet and headliner. Then you clean everything. You will be able to get it a lot better.

I have been through this before, only I replaced the headliner instead of cleaning it. That helped a lot.

It will not be easy, but the more time you spend doing the job right, the better it will smell. Good luck.:Handshake:

Grant1057

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Depending on how severe the smell is there are a few things you can do on top of a full clean and cabin filter replacement. Wipe down your whole car with diluted vinegar, put cups of baking soda in a few cup holders, put a cup/ bowl of coffee beans or grounds in your car. Then buy ozium (http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/ozium-original-glycol-ized-air-sanitizer/ID=prod3854-product) and spray that into the vents, and inside your car and leave ac running on recirculate for a while. Hope that helps!

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
My Yukon Denali smells like smoke and I was wondering if anyone knows a good way to get rid of it or to at least keep it to a minimal. Thanks.

Yes, I do know how to get rid of the cigarette smoke smell. It'll cost you about $7.00 for two gallons of midgrade gasoline poured over the interior of the vehicle, followed by the tossing of one lit match.

I have a solution for other problems if you're interested. :mfr_omg:

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a smoker and plan on keeping my Yukon for a long, long time. However, I want to quit smoking sooner, then later... I've been wondering about what I would do to get rid of the smell once I quit. I already have plans to completely redo all of the interior eventually... I'll have to try some of these other ideas as well...

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
change the cabin air filter. blow out all the air vents. shampoo the carpets n headliner. then some fabreeze or odor eliminator.

depending on the year, we don't have cabin filters. I have an 08 and nope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10