Getting Rid of 2016 Yukon Denali for 2009-2014 Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does AFM scare everyone? I’ve never had an issue? I’ve own a 08 Tahoe, a 10 Denali XL and a 15 Yukon....

I guess it's all the engine failures that are being reported. I still think, however, that not all will fail and the failures are the ones that are making the most noise, not the ones that are working fine. Sure, the failure potential is there and I recognize that, but that will still not prevent me from considering buying one.

My wife's 07 LTZ didn't have issues, the 2010 doesn't have issues and neither does my 07 Silverado. Maybe I've just been lucky so far. Who knows... Just as a precaution, though, I have and will also in the future always disable AFM asap after purchasing one with it.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Reflecting on this thread makes me so glad that I went 'old' with my '08. She's not perfect, but I've got just about everything sorted out and have no issues other than power-fold mirrors that don't---and I don't even care about that feature.

I'd be absolutely pissed if I had traded to a '15+ version and experienced all the annoying issues. That would be like leaving your girl for the smoking hot girl, then finding out that the hottie is bipolar and every other day she wants to kill you. LOL
Plus the air bags lol......

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reflecting on this thread makes me so glad that I went 'old' with my '08. She's not perfect, but I've got just about everything sorted out and have no issues other than power-fold mirrors that don't---and I don't even care about that feature.

I'd be absolutely pissed if I had traded to a '15+ version and experienced all the annoying issues. That would be like leaving your girl for the smoking hot girl, then finding out that the hottie is bipolar and every other day she wants to kill you. LOL

Another way to look at it is leaving a 2015+ model for an old model, is like leaving your smoking hot wife for her old mother! (Which is what the OP is doing, with his ride of course).

Things must have gone terribly, terribly wrong for anyone to even consider this, let alone to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another way to look at it is leaving a 2015+ model for an old model, is like leaving your smoking hot wife for her old mother!

LOL

Hey, I'm okay with older women. They're less self-conscious than a lot of younger ones, which makes lots of things more fun. :)

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
LOL

Hey, I'm okay with older women. They're less self-conscious than a lot of younger ones, which makes lots of things more fun. :)
Older women with defective air bags lol

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a friend who was almost put in a hospital by one of those "older women"

Long story short.... Guys night out meets a cougar gets shanghai'd back to her place for some fun.. turns out she's the wife of a "too busy surgeon"- never home always working.. so she spends her time either AT the gym or AT the complete home gym working out.
When we saw him the next day he still was wobbly.. we never laughed so hard in our lives.. she went up one side of him and down the other.

Great times....

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
after doing a bit of homework I settled on a 2012 Denali, I really like the chevy grill but had to have the 6.2l and the package with it, my main reason besides all that was the parts interchange compatibility there is going to be plenty of parts around for many years to come at likely reasonable prices. this is versus my old 2000 which had a 2 year compatibility and nobody could ever find the right parts because in 2000 there was 2 body styles old and new and so it was always a gamble and a pain in the a** like GM didn't know what they were doing or something.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That seems another risky, maintenance & repair nightmare. AFAIK very few have racked up enough miles to get a good database of DI reliability issues.

Over the summer I was in several 2015 Suburban's with 150K plus miles with DI in NYC and Miami..I did ask the drivers about issues with DI as I have it in my Hoe..All said no issues so far..Plus in Florida they keep them idling all the time [all year long] to keep the Burban nice and cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebull12

Latest posts