gearrrrzzz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
think the local shop i am going to in the morning wants $125 labor to install the ball joint i have inside the cab. still have to do all the u-joints too. after removing the rear to do the fuel pump it birdie chirps.

99TanHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
think the local shop i am going to in the morning wants $125 labor to install the ball joint i have inside the cab. still have to do all the u-joints too. after removing the rear to do the fuel pump it birdie chirps.

Yea, its time ain't it.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Im going with 456 for my 35s in about another month or 2.

Joe, if you have the Rough Country lift your probably going to need the dual cardan CV front drive shaft. If you get vibration after the gears, try pulling the front drive shaft first. I let the shop install a new rear shaft first, still had the vibration and had to do the front too. Probably needed the back also but I'll never know now.

The RC website recommends the front shaft if you have the AutoTrac transfer case. Rear shaft and shimming my rear diff was about $900, the same shop that built the rear shaft was able to add the dual cardan CV to my existing front shaft for $388. The RC one would have been $425 plus shipping.

Fishintahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe, if you have the Rough Country lift your probably going to need the dual cardan CV front drive shaft. If you get vibration after the gears, try pulling the front drive shaft first. I let the shop install a new rear shaft first, still had the vibration and had to do the front too. Probably needed the back also but I'll never know now.

The RC website recommends the front shaft if you have the AutoTrac transfer case. Rear shaft and shimming my rear diff was about $900, the same shop that built the rear shaft was able to add the dual cardan CV to my existing front shaft for $388. The RC one would have been $425 plus shipping.

My tahoe doesnt have push button 4wd. Its got the lever on the floor so i didnt need that drive shaft. Ur 4x4 must be push button, Correct?

Glad to hear that u like the 4.56 gears. u saying that it has plenty of power is what sold me. but still need to save a few bucks.
Im glad to live down here in south texas. I got a quote for the regear and its only $300 for labor on both axles and about $550 for the parts. yall should have ur trucks worked on down here. My AC went out last year. To replace the seal in the compressor, a new high pressure line, and freon was $160.

99TanHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tahoe doesnt have push button 4wd. Its got the lever on the floor so i didnt need that drive shaft. Ur 4x4 must be push button, Correct?

Glad to hear that u like the 4.56 gears. u saying that it has plenty of power is what sold me. but still need to save a few bucks.
Im glad to live down here in south texas. I got a quote for the regear and its only $300 for labor on both axles and about $550 for the parts. yall should have ur trucks worked on down here. My AC went out last year. To replace the seal in the compressor, a new high pressure line, and freon was $160.

Man, Wish we had prices that good over here, those quotes are great. You lucked out with the floor shift, the 95' I'm selling has the floor shift but the 99's got the pushbuttons. I like the manual stuff myself.

Fishintahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gears and rear diff DuraGrip alone were $2700 parts and labor. I had the MagHytec installed at the same time so that was another $250 + $46 shipping, so the total job was a little over $2900.

The gears and DuraGrip were Yukon Brand.

The power is great, there's no comparison between the 3.42's and the 4.56. I cross a bridge over a river to get to work everyday, its about 150' tall, pretty much straight up and I can gain speed pretty easily. In my 95' TBI Tahoe with 3.73 gears and 265 tires, I had to really get into it just to maintain speed.

Haven't raced or roasted the Hoe and don't intend to. If I'm going to blow a rearend I'm going to do it in the mud. If I want to race I borrow my wife's F-150 Ecoboost, that baby will roll. 360hp - 420torque I already outran a 3/4 ton with a 6.0 and can't wait for some poor fool with a Hemi truck to challenge the Ecoboost. It will be really fun to embarrass a Sam Elliot truck with the little V6. It will be a beautiful thing indeed.

By any chance do you have the part #s for the gears. im ready to get mine.

Or is this it?

http://www.ringpinion.com/b2c/Produ...=Rear Diff - 4WD&DiffId=284&Source=DiffWizard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artmumf

Latest posts