G4's are installed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
Looks great! Quick question though. I know the lights blink with the signal in the mirror together. BUT, what about when your pressing the brakes and the turn a signal on. Do they go together or alternate?

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok ?'s

> so you said that they blink alternately with the mirrors until you press the break or you have pressed the brake and now they blink together all the time?

>all of the lights blink for the turn? you think that there is a way to make just the outer lights do it like the eskys? or is it the interior row? cant remember...

>and from the looks of the night pics, the whole light assembly is on for the park lighting, correct?

they look really good, i wonder if there is a way to modify them to be more like the eskys function? i might have to look into these!

do you think they are really bright? not at night but during the day? i have seen a pair on a tahoe around town and during the day they didnt seem too bright and from an angle they almost looked like they were not even on!

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
They blink with the mirrors correctly, except when I first press on the brakes. After that, they alternate, BUT if I repeatedly tap the brake a few times, it seems to fix the issue. And sometimes they blink in sync when applying the brakes so I'm fine with it.

The Escalade also blinks all LED's with turn, unlike other Cadillacs. However, the outside row lights up by itself at night while the others are not lit. These G4's blink all for turning.

I asked the same thing about programming them to light up like the Escalades...so if someone gets the guts to mess with their wiring, then we should be able to find out.

They are VERY bright, you might have saw the Tahoe with them on but not pressing on the brakes, which is when they run very dim (during night). Or that Tahoe could have had a different brand of tail light.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
ok ?'s

> so you said that they blink alternately with the mirrors until you press the break or you have pressed the brake and now they blink together all the time?

>all of the lights blink for the turn? you think that there is a way to make just the outer lights do it like the eskys? or is it the interior row? cant remember...

>and from the looks of the night pics, the whole light assembly is on for the park lighting, correct?

they look really good, i wonder if there is a way to modify them to be more like the eskys function? i might have to look into these!

do you think they are really bright? not at night but during the day? i have seen a pair on a tahoe around town and during the day they didnt seem too bright and from an angle they almost looked like they were not even on!

I don't think you saw one with these exact tails then. They are very bright! There is also a line of leds for parking lights only on the sides, and they are so bright, you can see it lighting up the area to either side of the car at night. Out to the road and trees, it's so bright!

Also, you could make them function like the Escalade's if you really wanted to. There is a guy on another board who did this to tail lights for his 05 Escalade, made by the same company. He had to take them apart and do some rewiring. It didn't look hard at all. Hardest part would probably be getting the lights apart.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is also a line of leds for parking lights only on the sides, and they are so bright, you can see it lighting up the area to either side of the car at night. Out to the road and trees, it's so bright!

I love those, it gives my Tahoe an AMAZING side profile view at night. :D

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the fast blink is fixed WITHOUT an external load resistor? I had the IPCW Escalade copies that supposedly didn't have that issue. They did, so I returned them.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
So the fast blink is fixed WITHOUT an external load resistor? I had the IPCW Escalade copies that supposedly didn't have that issue. They did, so I returned them.

They come with a resistor built in. There are no fast-flash issues. The issue is the signal is if you're pressing the brakes for example. They light up fine. If you turn the left signal on...while pressing the brakes, the mirror signal led and the left tail light don't blink in sequence. The moment you let off the brake, they will begin to blink in sequence again. Nothing wrong with this, it just looks a little strange.

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They come with a resistor built in. There are no fast-flash issues. The issue is the signal is if you're pressing the brakes for example. They light up fine. If you turn the left signal on...while pressing the brakes, the mirror signal led and the left tail light don't blink in sequence. The moment you let off the brake, they will begin to blink in sequence again. Nothing wrong with this, it just looks a little strange.

this is one thing i dont like about it and i wonder why it does this? but other than that minor problem which i can easily get over, i think i might have to invest in a pair of these! great work soph!

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soph -- They look good. They really look exactly like the G3s.

Attachments

• LEDs.jpg
    LEDs.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 25