G4 LED Taillight Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R_Sharpe

VIP
Reaction score
Alright, I have G4 LED tails (soon to be G5 possibly/hopefully). My left taillight hasn't been working right for some time now. It hardly functions as a brake light, and almost never works as a reverse light. What would be causing this? Whenever it's night, and I unlock the car (turning the lights around the car on), the left rear doesn't work... Whenever I lock or unlock the truck, the lights flash two times, well the first blink isn't 100% there, and the second blink, the left rear barely blinks (not bright either), then fades quickly (As opposed to instant on/instant off on the other LEDs)... Has anyone else had this problem? How can I fix this? If I can't, well... I guess I'm going to need some Esky Appliques in black :).

On a side note, I just ordered my Rough Country 2" Leveling Kit a few minutes ago :).

Last edited:

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about to get my new appliques in and will be selling my used appliques (that you could get re-painted for a new finish) soon if you do end up needing them! :)

Autbond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would contact the seller, there should be some sort of warranty on them. I have only had mine about 2-3 weeks now, but I am not having any issues, after I add another resistor because the LED daytime running light is causing the turn signals to go a little crazy after 2 blinks.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your harness is clean and plugged in correct and it still does this then the tail itself must be defective. Easy way to check ... just swap the tails around (obviously without mounting them) and see if the problem follows the part or if it remains on the same side of the truck. This should locate the source of the issue.

DTA1904

Reaction score
i have issues with mine also, didnt mind it at first i thought it would be to much of a hassle to return to ebay. now im selling my tahoe and it looks cheesy.

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bet is your connector isnt seated fully and or its dirty.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bet is your connector isnt seated fully and or its dirty.

+1. I actually got a set of non-LED Denali lights to fast-blink because the connection under the truck wasn't good. A so-so connection will cause weird things to happen with you tails.

DTA1904

Reaction score
Could be that. When i did the install they were really dirty. Dirt fell in all over my face when i disconnected them. I blew them out but maybe not good enough. I'm gonna try again but with an air compressor this time.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Mine went out some time ago. The Left Brake that is. I was pissed to cause it went out soon after i had it sprayed. Im guessing its a internal problem at the PCB. Its been sitting in the garage for a few months now, so ill try hooking it up and trying it again.

DTA1904

Reaction score
Mine went out some time ago. The Left Brake that is. I was pissed to cause it went out soon after i had it sprayed. Im guessing its a internal problem at the PCB. Its been sitting in the garage for a few months now, so ill try hooking it up and trying it again.

Let us know if it worked. I'll do the same, I'm tempted to put the stock lights.back on but the police here hate them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz