Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 236369 I don’t care too much for the rear quarter section for a few reasons...

1. I don’t like how they angled the rear passenger glass upward towards the end, thus shrinking the height of the rear cargo area glass and just making the body work look incredibly too big.

2. I don’t like how short the height is of the rear cargo area glass from the side and rear.

3. I most definitely do not like how the top chrome window trim just continues through the painted C Pillar. Looks incredibly cheap.

Is it just me or did Ford copy some of the GM lines for their 2020 model SUV’s and then GM returned the favor?!?! It may grow on me; But only time will tell.

Fingers crossed for the Yukon and Escalade.
The Rear end looks like the back of a mini van :/
the rear downcurve is a optical illusion.. as the rear spoiler is slight tilted... the hybrid has the same optical illusion

even the normal NNBS has the down curve it's just not noticeable because of the roof rack

so.....these are all front wheel drive now??, I don't see any rear half axles, nothin.... what gives?
apparently they are equipped with independent rear suspension

it's RWD or 4x4
unless they put in one of those legacy DOD 5.3L LS4 short blocks lol

Hope they do a hybrid might try to swap in a lithium battery to replace that old Prius Battery

Last edited:

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We’ll see. I predict you’re wrong, meaning what you are implying is wrong, that sales will go down because of the design. My bet is the opposite, that sales go higher with the redesign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i didnt imply anything... the other user said we are complaining but we will still get one.

i only stated they are ugly & i wont get one.

i liked the '15 when it came out. that is why i have one.

sales could & probably will go up. especially since i bet quite a few people were holding out this past year for a new model.
loyal GM customers & fanbois will buy anything, regardless of looks. always have, always will.
same goes for any of the other manufacturer's loyal customers.

i dont care for the new Expedition, but it looks significantly better than the new hoes & burbs.
will be interesting to see how many similar lines & design queues that the new jeep has w/ GM & Ford

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i didnt imply anything... the other user said we are complaining but we will still get one.

sales could & probably will go up. especially since i bet quite a few people were holding out this past year for a new model.
loyal GM customers & fanbois will buy anything, regardless of looks. always have, always will.

i dont care for the new Expedition, but it looks significantly better than the new hoes & burbs.
will be interesting to see how many similar lines & design queues that the new jeep has w/ GM & Ford

I remember when the first gen Taurus/Sable came out. Hideous. But we got used to them and they flew off dealer lots.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i'd buy a 1954 sub

rather then that
00N0N_5O4VtJkw5Z_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:

Dooba

Reaction score
Pictures don’t do most cars justice so I’ll hold my judgment til I see one on the road.

I really don’t like the push button shifter. Its no better or worse vs the knob shifter setup imo.

I also wished they somehow kept the nifty compartment behind the screen, but I don’t think with that interior setup they’d be able to pull it off.

Keep in mind this new generation will come with a lot more tech e.g. possibly super cruise & 360 camera in lower trims, versus the current gen.

People might still buy them regardless of looks because its more convenient to use and, perhaps with the new suspension setup, more comfortable.

I like the current gen (Tahoe/Yukon) button placements because I don’t need to look away from the road to change anything. This new setup looks a lot more cluttered so without trying them out I think it’d be difficult to get most stuff done without looking away from the road.

I don’t understand why the 5.3/6.2s are at the same power rating for a while now. I know they’ve implemented some new AFM that turns off up to 7 cylinders, but that doesnt seem nearly as enough.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the rear downcurve is a optical illusion.. as the rear spoiler is slight tilted... the hybrid has the same optical illusion even the normal NNBS has the down curve it's just not noticeable because of the roof rack

No one is referencing anything about a downward curve of the roof line... In fact the word "upward" was used to describe the bottom trim line of the rear passenger windows.
2021 Tahoe.jpg
This is way different than the bottom window line on the Suburban:
2021 Suburban.jpg

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reviewing some of the other photos on the various sites, it actually doesn't look too bad. I'm definitely a bigger fan of the front end (with exception to the Z71 model) than I am of the rear end. The rear end definitely reminds me of the 2020 Ford Expeditions which is meh. Still not a fan of the top window trim piece continuing through the C Pilar, but that can be an easy fix and is relatively minor.

The quad exhaust tips are a nice touch, as are the 4 piston front brake calipers. I do very much like the interior, and the 3rd row leg room seems to be significantly improved as well as the cargo area. Huge plus; If you check out some of the photos of the 2nd and 3rd row seats folded down they've fixed the angle to the rear and everything looks much more flat! As well as just the rear cargo area in general when the 3rd row is up, it's now flat versus the current angle towards the rear of the K2XX.

Lastly, the front-end of these 2021 Tahoe's and Suburbans look a lot like the front end of the 2019+ Silverado's. I'm hoping they do the exact same thing with the 2021 GMC Yukon's because I'm a huge fan of the 2019 GMC Sierra front end over the Silverado's.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, Interior is like they copied a bit from Kia, Audi, and a few other big ones... Hate the screen pop up in the middle... Rear end looks like they took some kia, range rover and ford cues... BUT the rear does look pretty good... The front.... UGGGG I hate that fender inset under the headlight... The red tahoe with the blacked out grill looks better, the one on chevys website just does nothing for me. I hoped for better.... Awaiting the GMC and Caddy... But I personally didn't like the 15-20 tahoe front end, but love the Yukon ones.. I guess I liked the different front ends on the SUV than the trucks when it started in 07... Looks like the last Yukon I would buy is 2020..... Maybe seeing one in person will change my mind... But photos..... Not buying...

POSITIVE note I read all will be equipped with 10 speeds... So they are keeping something that has proven to be their best engineering in the last few years... No more 6 speeds I guess...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10