Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started looking for a yukon replacement. Need something that will tow at least 8k. All those that say the expedition didn’t lose towing capability with independent rear suspension. 6300 with max tow package....
Unless you use a weight distribution hitch. Not an option for boat trailers with surge brakes.
c9834234d25b2f0365b24e1126057eb9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought one of those new in 1986 - Fun car, but lots of issues with everything but the drive-train.

I remember those and drove a fe myself. I think that was the year the even more powerful GNX was available.

brendon444

Reaction score
Started looking for a yukon replacement. Need something that will tow at least 8k. All those that say the expedition didn’t lose towing capability with independent rear suspension. 6300 with max tow package....
Unless you use a weight distribution hitch. Not an option for boat trailers with surge brakes.
c9834234d25b2f0365b24e1126057eb9.jpg

Read the fine print of any gm vehicle tow rating. It says the same thing. In order to get max towing on my 1500/2500/3500 I need to use an equalization hitch or it’s rates to 7k

Last edited:

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I'll chime in on the the towing issue..

I currently have a 2018 Tahoe LS Custom Edition 2WD with the Max towing package. My vehicle is rated to tow 8700 lbs. !! :boti:

I have towed my car hauler with my 1966 Chevy C20 LWB on it for a couple of hundred miles and had no problems whatsoever.

I have actually towed my JD 4510 Tractor with FEL & Rotary Cutter on it to go work at a friends place.. again with no problems.

I just looked up the ferd and Yes, they are rated more than my Tahoe with a 3.73 gear ratio!! I have a 3.42 gear:D and get 21-24 MPG cruising at 77 MPH with NO buffeting or excess wind noise.

In addition, I am going to order a new 2020 Tahoe LS Custom Edition before the new platform comes out so I can get the last of the solid axle 4WD Tahoes. This may well be my last new car but I need the 4WD to go on my tour of state & national parks and the unpaved roads they offer. Next thing on my bucket list. :cool:

Anyway, just my 2c worth..

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I'll chime in on the the towing issue..

I currently have a 2018 Tahoe LS Custom Edition 2WD with the Max towing package. My vehicle is rated to tow 8700 lbs. !! :boti:

I have towed my car hauler with my 1966 Chevy C20 LWB on it for a couple of hundred miles and had no problems whatsoever.

I have actually towed my JD 4510 Tractor with FEL & Rotary Cutter on it to go work at a friends place.. again with no problems.

I just looked up the ferd and Yes, they are rated more than my Tahoe with a 3.73 gear ratio!! I have a 3.42 gear:D and get 21-24 MPG cruising at 77 MPH with NO buffeting or excess wind noise.

In addition, I am going to order a new 2020 Tahoe LS Custom Edition before the new platform comes out so I can get the last of the solid axle 4WD Tahoes. This may well be my last new car but I need the 4WD to go on my tour of state & national parks and the unpaved roads they offer. Next thing on my bucket list. :cool:

Anyway, just my 2c worth..

I'm with you, Gene. Though I don't tow often, I'm looking at my last significant vehicle purchase since I'm a "buy and hold" guy. I want to see how GM is going to pursue buyers with the new models - if they ever reveal the things. Enjoy those parks!

keg97

Reaction score
Good to have a date for the Tahoe/Suburban. I assume the Escalade will be announced at a later date?

mlgreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM better knock this out of the park. They've got more competition in the full size SUV category. I've been riding in a 2019 Ram Laramie for the past week and it's phenomenal in both ride, interior, and overall comfort. The tech in that car is insane. With the new full size Jeep Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer and Durango using this platform within the next few years GM needs to get this right. Charging $65k+ for a Yukon with halogen headlights isn't going to cut it anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas