Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s bad. Though I really dislike the dial shifter. It’s one thing to have it ina Range Rover. But not in a truck in my opinion.

I have a half ton Ram with the dial shifter, and a 3/4 ton Ram with the typical steering column stick. It took me a little bit to get used to the knob shifter, but I honestly think I like it better now after 25k miles with it.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s bad. Though I really dislike the dial shifter. It’s one thing to have it ina Range Rover. But not in a truck in my opinion.

Yeah, the Range Rover sport still has a traditional shifter. HSE has the knob.

Knob on the sport is used to change driving characteristics (sand/ruts, snow, eco etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
Does anyone here think that the 2020 Yukon/Tahoe was delayed until 2020+ to 2021 because GM realized that they had to get their interiors in better shape after the response to the Silverado?

I think it's kind of the opposite... due to the response to the Silverado, they're diverting resources away from the Tahoe/Yukon and putting them towards improving the interiors on the pickups for 2020/2021. Makes much more sense for them, anyway - pickups sell much, much more and they must remain more competitive in that segment.

The Tahoe/Yukon will have the same interior and same options anyway, but it's more important that it reach the Silverado/Sierra first.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id agree on response to silverado , above

plus new vette comes out in 2weeks, so probably all resources were diverted to it & its issues

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the Range Rover sport still has a traditional shifter. HSE has the knob.

Knob on the sport is used to change driving characteristics (sand/ruts, snow, eco etc)

The dial knob for changing driving characteristics is fine. My moms 2011 grand Cherokee limited has that as well as our family friends 2014 and 2019 GCs and it’s fictional so I don’t mind. It’s the transmission/gear shift that I don’t like as a knob. I want a regular shifter. Lol.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dial knob for changing driving characteristics is fine. My moms 2011 grand Cherokee limited has that as well as our family friends 2014 and 2019 GCs and it’s fictional so I don’t mind. It’s the transmission/gear shift that I don’t like as a knob. I want a regular shifter. Lol.

Agreed. It’s all drive by wire now anyway but I do like to feel of having my hand on a stick

d752369c3925728cf2871401f448dc0c.gif

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah the shifter on the steering column is a thing of the past unfortunately. Everyone going to these stupid dials and buttons.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree. Time to relinquish control to a third party. I always have CarPlay up. Cannot imagine using default navigation and entertainment lol
Agreed, mine is a 2016 and the onboard navigation maps are already out of date. Plus, with CarPlay you can tap an address on the phone and the maps app will take over with directions. Sometimes it just guesses where you're going based on appointment details and presents that option. Much better voice integration. It just works better overall.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the shifter on the steering column is a thing of the past unfortunately. Everyone going to these stupid dials and buttons.
I have to admit it makes sense. The transmissions are all computerized, so any kind of moving part like a column tree or a console shifter is only there for aesthetics at this point anyway. And they take up room.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros