Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine don't fold flat either. Neither did any of my Pontiacs until they raised the rear floor with a storage compartment, the '06 I used in the comparison.

Anyhow, those fold flat seats are nowhere near as comfortable, they can keep them.

*facepalm*

Right. 3rd row seats would get taken out. Thats the extra cargo space.

FWIW, my Denali fold flats are more comfortable than my 2010 Tahoe ‘yank, curse and drag’ out of vehicle 3rd row seats.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3rd row seats would get taken out. Thats the extra cargo space.

In the comparison I gave, the seats in both vehicles were simply folded down, not removed. So as we can see, the amount of space reported can vary quite a bit depending on how they measure! I reckon GM raised the floor so much to give them a flat surface for two rows and that is they lost those extra cubic feet that the 900s have.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the comparison I gave,
I’m not being an ass but cargo space in vehicles that are over a decade old is pretty irrelevant in a thread about the 2020 models :)

I reckon GM raised the floor so much to give them a flat surface for two rows and that is they lost those extra cubic feet that the 900s have.

Correct. That’s the point I was making.

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...but cargo space in vehicles that are over a decade old is pretty irrelevant in a thread about the 2020 models

Well, maybe to you. That discussion was originally comparing a minivan to a SUV and I provided actual numbers. In the end, the reader can take away from both our examples that the numbers need to be qualified to be trusted or understood.

Looks like a 900 with an IRS, yuck! Just what we gearheads need, more stuff to fix and repair and modify.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a 900 with an IRS, yuck! Just what we gearheads need, more stuff to fix and repair and modify.

Oh stop. 20 years from now you will own one and doggedly defend it right here in this very forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98