Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, but you're off 2,000 or so years; you might be thinking of the Flood. ;)

Argh! Sorry. I was out riding my pet Dino! :)

Have a good weekend...FYI, t-minus ~6 months until the new blasphemous IRS platform comes out!!

Bill D

Reaction score
I think something like this is coming to GM soon, it has to eventually. Ford kind of pioneered this approach in the US market with their 6 cylinder twin turbo engine which is in Expeditions, Navigators, and an option in the F150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to rent Expeditions with the Turbo 6's weekly to drive the LA Freeways. Loved them. Power and Torque galore!

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got our first high tech fuel efficient V8 in 1955! Goodness, some people are behind the times!

V8s are dropping like flies. Every manufacturer has reduced the variety of vehicles that use a V8 as its main engine choice. GM is one of the few who is actually still investing in getting them more fuel efficient. For example, compare a Toyota V8 to a GM. The GM produces more power and uses an order of magnitude less fuel. I’m still amazed at how much power, using such little fuel my 2017 6.2 gets.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
V8s are dropping like flies. Every manufacturer has reduced the variety of vehicles that use a V8 as its main engine choice. GM is one of the few who is actually still investing in getting them more fuel efficient. For example, compare a Toyota V8 to a GM. The GM produces more power and uses an order of magnitude less fuel. I’m still amazed at how much power, using such little fuel my 2017 6.2 gets.

From Miami to NYC I really only need to stop for fuel just 3 times just using plain old Mobil 87 octane. I consider that awesome. To top if off it also handles awesome in any kind of nasty weather which always happens on long trips plus my 2016 Tahoe has plenty of power to keep up anything on the road. When you are constantly surrounded by tractor trailers I would not want to be in anything smaller.

On every single trip I take I see more Tahoe's and Yukon's on the road each and every time. I talk to a lot of those owners at pit stops and so far no one has any complaints about them. The people I talk to keep their Tahoe's and Yukon's very well maintained.

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a search for the Escalade as this is the Flagship vehicle of the lineup that sells for the highest price and creates the most hype for the line, the spy shots don't resemble the size and angles of the concept vehicle shown for 2020, but I guess it is some food for thought!

2020-cadillac-escalade-esv-spy-shots--image-via-s-baldauf-sb-medien_100684213.jpg 2020-Cadillac-Escalade.jpg

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a search for the Escalade as this is the Flagship vehicle of the lineup that sells for the highest price and creates the most hype for the line, the spy shots don't resemble the size and angles of the concept vehicle shown for 2020, but I guess it is some food for thought!

View attachment 215782 View attachment 215783

Swoopy, but part station wagon/part SUV in appearance. I find it attractive, but not for me. I'm waiting to see what the GMC version looks like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie