Future 2020/21 Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
GM has been doing that for years on the camo, always making the camo take a Ford shape.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To me, the body shape of that camouflaged Tahoe looks pretty much the same as the current model. Looks like it might be an evolutionary design with a few improvements underneath.

Whatever. I understand that the live rear axle is old tech, and I do feel the back end hop a little over road joints, especially when they are a little diagonal to the direction of travel. It's just not that big of a deal in a full size SUV though. I'd complain about it in a sportscar.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score

If IRS is so wonderful, and if it can be implemented without impacting towing or payload (as Ford claims, and as GM probably will claim in the future), then why isn't it used on the half ton pickups as well?

Using two different axles on two vehicles on the SAME platform, which should have the SAME capabilities, is basically admitting that one of the axles is a concession.

I am disappointed that GM decided to go this route.

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it’s because a half ton pickup has a somewhat different use case/application than the SUV version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
GTNator

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’re getting closer and closer... I can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess is that the next generation will be loaded down with even more useless stuff (electronic shifters, electronic suspensions, auto-leveling lights, touchscheen will go towards a mouse like all of the Euro cars, and they'll slap run flat tires on them). Evolution might not be for the better...

I’m so with you evolution might not be for the best . Look at Tesla an electric car no one can fix except the dealer . Climate changes weather so on has anyone been in a flood I sure want a gas engine over electric in a storm and floods. So far gas car engine goes thru rivers . So far we are decade behind in electric til, we produce a better battery that holds a good long charge we are still behind. I’d rather have a gas engine over electric the old stuff is stil reliable.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going to wait like it did on both my Escalades, wait till mid model and wait for the kinks to be worked out. Apparently I jumped the gun on my 17 and wish I would of had an 18. But 1st model year GM cars are usually a no go for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout