Fun with doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Driver side door hinge roller was crazy bent. I got the replacement and spring tool and did NOT realize what I was walking into!

I had to cut the old pin off with an oscillating tool and grind the spline area of the new one to seat properly.

Finally done and realized the passenger side is quasi-bent. Dammit.

3 beer job with a cursing bonus.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did u watch the video on youtube by 1road? Im getting ready to do this on both door

OP
OP
liquify33

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did u watch the video on youtube by 1road? Im getting ready to do this on both door
My issue was the roller pin was bent. It made opening the door sound like an old vampire movie with the creaking noise. I had to hack it out with an oscillating tool and cut it into 3 pieces.

If you’re working on these parts I’d highly recommend jamming a towel into door gaps. I had to chase some parts into the wheel guard.

B671FDA5-096E-4BFA-ADDD-BADB02141383.jpeg

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my hinge roller was bent on mine too causing the horror movie soundtrack also binding a bit. i got tired of both sides after it bound up on my wife. i just too a large hammer and a pipe and "removed" the bottom. 1 beer job and one good F**k you as i started trying to fix it the right way and lost interest. my driveway and most other places i park are flat so meh whatever.

OP
OP
liquify33

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my hinge roller was bent on mine too causing the horror movie soundtrack also binding a bit. i got tired of both sides after it bound up on my wife. i just too a large hammer and a pipe and "removed" the bottom. 1 beer job and one good F**k you as i started trying to fix it the right way and lost interest. my driveway and most other places i park are flat so meh whatever.

I tried it without the spring but I got tired of the door closing on me.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol there is this one place the wife goes on occasion but she usually has the car when she does. the parking lot is annoying and a pretty good angle. i didnt tell her about the door stops and she called me later cursing me out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhefner

Latest posts