Fuel tank strap bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caveman

Reaction score
I've been searching with no luck. I'm looking to see if anybody has had to change the fuel tank strap bolts. If you have what part number did you use? I found Dorman 55157 but every site says not for my 02 tahoe.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been searching with no luck. I'm looking to see if anybody has had to change the fuel tank strap bolts. If you have what part number did you use? I found Dorman 55157 but every site says not for my 02 tahoe.

I'm pretty sure that's the set I had on hand when I replaced my fuel pump, but I didn't have to use new bolts. I returned them to Advance Auto. My Hoe has had Wyoming and Colorado homes, so no bad rust.

OP
OP
Caveman

Caveman

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's the set I had on hand when I replaced my fuel pump, but I didn't have to use new bolts. I returned them to Advance Auto. My Hoe has had Wyoming and Colorado homes, so no bad rust.

Ok thanks there's a couple places that have them in stock along with the straps. Its pretty crusty under there not unusual for being in upstate NY.

MM76

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my 08 burb when one of the tank straps rusted and broke. I replaced both straps which I was able to get thru advance but I had to get the bolts directly from the dealer, seems nobody carried the correct bolts except the dealer.

Mike

zbad55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The part number that we used to use for for fuel tank strap bolts 11516551 which is a M10 bolt, you could use any M10 bolt that has enough length

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to replace the bolt/ nut inserts. The nut things get rusted. I don’t have a p/n though.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks the same to me. I now have to get new straps cause one broke and I need a new lock ring hopefully not a new tank also. Hope I can save it.
The tank is plastic, it doesn’t rust. What’s wrong with it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz