Fuel Tank Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

floater

Reaction score
1998 GMC Yukon 4x4. My fuel pump ring thingy holders have rotten and the pump sticks up now. When I go to fill the tank the gas pours out of the top. It is an original plastic tank mounted on the side. I can't find another plastic tank and the parts places tell me I have to get a metal one. When i look for a replacement tank all i get is the rear mounted one. Does anyone know the part number for the side mounted tank? Thanks

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1998 GMC Yukon 4x4. My fuel pump ring thingy holders have rotten and the pump sticks up now. When I go to fill the tank the gas pours out of the top. It is an original plastic tank mounted on the side. I can't find another plastic tank and the parts places tell me I have to get a metal one. When i look for a replacement tank all i get is the rear mounted one. Does anyone know the part number for the side mounted tank? Thanks

Steve, the sending unit Lock Ring is ACDelco # TR14 and TR9

Plug your VIN in here and have a look, didn't see a tank without the VIN though: https://parts-catalog.acdelco.com/catalog/catalog_search.php

OP
OP
F

floater

Reaction score
I've checked out seven junkyards in southern Ontario and found nothing. The hooks on the plastic tank that the ring slides onto are what rotted. I've had one part store try and sell me a metal tank but they wouldn't guarantee it was a saddle tank and wouldn't take it back if it was the wrong one. For now I can get away with only partially filling the tank and keep looking at junkyards. One is bound to show up. I hope. Thanks guys

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try Car-Part.com, might find a yard nearby with one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep