Fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll start off with saying, I understand the reason for sticking with OEM, and have no problem doing so. Just curious is all.
Has anyone used one of the drop in fuel pumps?
Such as the aeromotive 11569? Reading reviews, most seem to like it, and most of the time fits the factory basket. Is e85 compatible.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be the Guinea pig. I'll take pics of the install.
Aeromotive is a well known name in the racing world, so should be decent quality.

Chert_Detective

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the early 2000s fuel system. The issue with the 08-14s is the larger pump tries to blow by the factory regulator and the fpcm cannot control it, it will not run correctly without bypassing the factory regulator and running an external with a return line. If the early 2000s models have that controller and internal regulator (again I don't recall off hand if they do or not) then you will run in to the same issues.

If it does not, then it will be just like a replacement in any other vehicle.

OP
OP

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Early style is on the fuel rail, iirc.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be the Guinea pig. I'll take pics of the install.
Aeromotive is a well known name in the racing world, so should be decent quality.

Is the pump going on a stock engine - or is it tuned/modded in some way?

OP
OP

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nevermind. Now I see it's only rated at 40 psi....
Currently stock.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unless your truck is an e85 truck or you plan to tune it for it the fact that the pump is, is kinda irrelevant . i was going to do a delco drop in pump in my avy several years ago, but i found the top of the canister was rusted out so i grabbed an airtex unit and just replaced the whole thing, keeping the delco pump to do the same thing with, but never needed to the truck rotted out before i needed to replace it again.

the areomotive brand is pretty good however and is a common brand the grand prix guys swap to for extra flow when swapping to e85 in boosted cars

OP
OP

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mainly just throwing out there what I found. I do typically strictly run e85. Currently running a few tanks of 91 for some comparison.
On our 11 suburban, running e85 was more cost effective. Comparing on this 04 just to see if it holds true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skimask