Fuel pump switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
036aa8e7635052adbf3d35d0ab7dda59.jpg
Is this the right fuse for the fuel pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RAWVORTEC

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picking it up this afternoon. Well hope it fixes it. Tahoe shut off going down the road this morning. I noticed when I went to go jiggle the fuel pump relay as always, it was really hot. I would imagine they all give off some heat, but this seemed to be more than usual. What would that mean? I've replaced the fuel pump twice in the past and it's been 3-4 since o did it last

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
check your relay terminals in the power box and the relay for burning and repair as needed. it is a sign of a high resistance connection hence the heat build up. you may also need to recheck the connections at the pump terminals if it gets even worse.

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm probably sounding like a parrot on repeat... my relay in my 95 got ridiculously hot, BTW to test you can swap with the A/C or Starter Relay If I remember correctly. Anyway my relay was getting hot because of a bad oil pressure sensor on the engine, it was triggering on/off/on/off which of course the relay didn't like. If there is no oil pressure it shuts off the pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo