Fuel pump question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PUNKYOU007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 2001 Suburban 5.3l. About two years ago I had to replace the fuel pump in my truck and I used the Airtex E3509M pump. And now my pump is failing again. This time i would rather replace it with what came factory or as close as possible. I feel like two years is a horrible lifespan seeing as how the factory unit lasted me 9 years. Anyway which would you recommend?

I was going to go with the AC Delco Part # MU1618, but I do not know what this means "w/o ROBUST FUEL SYS SENDER(K53)".

If you could provide a recommendation and shed some light on that message that is with the AC Delco unit i would appreciate it.

RockAuto

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have an 2001 Suburban 5.3l. About two years ago I had to replace the fuel pump in my truck and I used the Airtex E3509M pump. And now my pump is failing again. This time i would rather replace it with what came factory or as close as possible. I feel like two years is a horrible lifespan seeing as how the factory unit lasted me 9 years. Anyway which would you recommend?

I was going to go with the AC Delco Part # MU1618, but I do not know what this means "w/o ROBUST FUEL SYS SENDER(K53)".

If you could provide a recommendation and shed some light on that message that is with the AC Delco unit i would appreciate it.

Hello,

The ACDelco part number MU1618 and the Airtex E3509M are a direct cross to one another. If you would like to purchase the ACDelco part this time it would be the correct part.

If you need further assistance please email [email protected] or call us toll free at 1-866-762-5288.

Thank you,

www.RockAuto.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz