Fuel pump nightmare. 2007 Yukon.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2007YukonSLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This kind of crap makes me want to rip out all of the fuel line and replace it with PTFE lined hose and AN fittings.
Buy raw stock stainless steel tubing and redo all of the brake lines as well. Because I know they are not far behind!
Not something I should have to do after paying $16,000 for this rust bucket. Don't get me wrong, I'm a loyal GM owner. I've never owned anything else. But this is down right ridiculous.

2007YukonSLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got the fuel line "repair kit" cobbled in and it's not leaking...for now. At least 1 shop bay is free now. If the fuel lines from the tank to the engine were available , I would have put them on.

Wake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's unfortunate but rusted brake lines seem to be a problem on all domestic vehicles that I've seen. Sad that the domestic manufacturers use cheap brake lines that rust out. My Audi uses some type of nickel copper blend and the lines on my 05 are clean.

You can buy the nickel copper blend under the name nicopp. I've replaced one brake line on my 98 olds that blew and the nicopp is easy and nice to work with. Much easier to bend and work with. Every one of my cars gets this type of brake line now when I have to do a repair.

Razor1981

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm dealing with this right now as well. My 97 Chevy Truck is fine. But the 07 Yukon is rusting to shit. Just ridiculous. Still trying to figure out how to get the busted ends out of the connectors on the plastic tube. Just terrible engineering and cheap worthless materials. Makes me want to sell it.

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing a bad rust spot on my fuel line that runs by the trans cross member. Its the lowest one closest to the ground. 2008 Yukon Denali.

Can I splice in a piece of line? If so what fittings would hold the pressure? 3/8'' OD tubing?

Should I just buy a line kit? $$$

ARG!!

Buzzcut

Reaction score
This is what happens when you live in the rust belt. There isn't a vehicle made that wont rust. If it makes you feel better toyota tacomas (First Gen / Second Gen) had/have frame replacements going on now because the manufacturer of the frames (Dana Corp) used crap steel and improper frame coatings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas