Fuel lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive always hated how neither the gas cap door or the gas cap lock. i found a locking gas door but is there anything i can buy that locks the gas cap when the doors are locked?

OP
OP
CamReynolds

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't find one. I also looked for a locking gas cap that can be keyed to the ignition but was unsuccessful. If you find one let me know, I'd be interested
i found a locking gas door that comes with a key, but it seems inconvenient

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a locking gas cap once, lasted about 5 years. One day, it wouldn't unlock....the key just spun. Had to have a friend help me break the $hit out of it so I could get gas. It was nerve wracking since I was low on gas. Never again. Haven't tried a locking door though. Just my experience

OP
OP
CamReynolds

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a locking gas cap once, lasted about 5 years. One day, it wouldn't unlock....the key just spun. Had to have a friend help me break the $hit out of it so I could get gas. It was nerve wracking since I was low on gas. Never again. Haven't tried a locking door though. Just my experience
4 out of 3 people have problems with gas caps

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's funny.
I have looking caps on my F350. I've had them for at least 5 years. And they were transferred from another vehicle. Still work fine.
But sometimes I forget which key goes to which. But it's 50/50, so I usually don't have too much trouble. I reckon I could use my engraver to simply mark F and R.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willb

Latest posts