Fuel door lock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

playadude

Reaction score
Hi,

Anybody know if the 2021 has a fuel door lock?

I cannot find anything about it. It would sure be nice to have a locking fuel door.

Thank you.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Anybody know if the 2021 has a fuel door lock?

I cannot find anything about it. It would sure be nice to have a locking fuel door.

Thank you.
No lock on my 2021 Tahoe. Even with a locking door a screwdriver will pry it open - not much security offered.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After having vehicles with and without locks, kinda glad this one doesn’t have them. Over 40 years of driving and I can’t say I’ve ever had anyone mess with my fuel.
Funny thing is I remember buying keyed locking gas caps in the 70’s when it was .80 cents a gallon and we were worried someone would steal it….

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless already installed from factory a locking fuel door is pretty much not available. Some vehicles Audi and Infiniti I believe have the fuel door tied to the main door lock solenoid….If doors are locked then fuel door should be to.

There is another option that may or may not be available for Tahoe……

Back when Ford started with the capless fuel nozzle they sold a locking molded fuel cap. I got one in late 2011 for my 2012 Escape and that cap lasted until I did my final trade in mid 2020, so definitely got my money’s worth on that. One drawback of that is one more key to keep control of…..

Example……another driver borrows the vehicle and if they don’t have the key ring with the locking fuel cap key….we all know that can turn out! I kept mine on a dedicated key ring inside the vehicle at all times.

Zoni

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No lock on my 2021 Tahoe. Even with a locking door a screwdriver will pry it open - not much security offered.
theif would have to use a very thin tube to get past the one way valve to siphon any gas (see size of your dealer supplied funnel)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160