Front Z55 electrical connector removal question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've searched for this high and low, but cannot find any info.

Safe bet they just pull out, but before I damage anything, how do you remove the front electrical connectors from the top of the front strut cartridge?

Not the pigtail, but the whole connector that goes into the top post of the strut.

Thanks.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've searched for this high and low, but cannot find any info.

Safe bet they just pull out, but before I damage anything, how do you remove the front electrical connectors from the top of the front strut cartridge?

Not the pigtail, but the whole connector that goes into the top post of the strut.

Thanks.
there is a retention clip on it that must be removed first otherwise you may break it, going by memory I think the clip simply flips up but can come off, do not loose it trying to find a replacement is not easy there is no part number and it is only listed as a "genuine gm clip"
be sure when you put the connector back on be sure that the clip is put back on properly otherwise the connector will be oose and can simply pull off and cause suspension errors

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They just push in, and the fit is pretty snug. They've never moved.

Could be a 2007 thing, that was maybe upgraded for newer models. I've seen the connectors with the clips, but they did not 'connect' electrically when inserted on my truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts