Front Suspension Spring Rate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I searched but couldn't find the info about spring rate between the MRC spring and non-MRC spring. I will be on the search for some springs to swap out my MRC front suspension for non-MRC setup. Besides getting all confused on the dozen or so struts to choose from because I figured I would buy a used set from ebay to get the spring from but I questioned which spring do I need.

I thought from previous threads it wasnt wise to use the MRC spring but I forget why.

Okay, so I went to Rockauto and looked at springs and wow another dozen or so springs. SInce I dont have a vin # linked to a non-MRC setup what spring or vin code should I be looking for in a spring

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't believe that you need different springs for the front suspension. Only the rear suspension needs different springs, not due to the MRC, but rather due to the use of the air bags is part of that suspension, which take up part of the load off the springs.

OP
OP
D

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still question why soany spring part numbers then. Wish a certain spring was the golden ticket to comfort. I'll use what I have with a set of Bilstein 5100.

Also would 5100 still provide stock height. I do have Beltech spindles but I read most 5100 are used in lifted applications

OP
OP
D

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
plus I keep reading the Bilstein 5100 are more for lifted but I want to keep mine 2" lowered up front, would I be forced to go with the 4800 series strut?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf